Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kitchen Renovation: Phase 1: Total Mass Destruction

The contractor and his crew arrived yesterday and went all Money Pit on our kitchen.


Funny, it never seemed that small when it was filled with cabinets, appliances, a counter and a sink!

There's no doubt I'm missing the peace and calm that cooking provides me, but eating out isn't so bad -- especially when there's jambalaya to be had at Char No. 4 :-) (After that meal, I don't know how I'm supposed to wait another two months until our New Orleans trip.)

So far the only glimpse I've gotten of our future kitchen has been the shiny black granite floors:



Hello, Studio 54!!!!

Fingers crossed that the renovation should only take a few days -- there are a ton of new recipes just screaming my name!





No comments:

Post a Comment